RULES & POLICIES
SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Please check in when you arrive at the pool.
Please pay for all guests before entering the pool.
1. must be signed in
2. accompanied by a member
3. must wear a guest wrist band
4. take the deep end swim test if 12 years old and under
Guest passes are $10 per person - 1 year-old +
Mother's helpers require a guest pass.
are NOT for sale to nonmembers!
ALL POSTED POOL RULES MUST BE OBSERVED & ADHERED TO BY ALL MEMBERS AND GUESTS.
LIFEGUARD DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
IDLEWILD POOL WAIVER & INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT / TERMS
In consideration of my use, my guest(s) use, and that of any minors of which I am a parent or guardian under law or otherwise (“Minor(s)”) of the pool and facilities, equipment and activities provided by Idlewild Community Association (doing business as Idlewild Pool and /or Idlewild Pool Club, “Idlewild”, which shall be understood to include any and all or its members, officers, employees and agents), I expressly agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Idlewild, on behalf of myself (which includes Minors and guests), my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, from any and all claims, regardless of their nature, arising directly or indirectly out of use of the pool or facilities, regardless of whether such injuries result, in whole or in part, from negligence of Idlewild. By the execution of this agreement, I accept and assume full responsibility for any and all injuries, damages (both economic and non‐economic), and losses of any type, which may occur to me or my child/ward, or my guest(s), and I hereby fully and forever release and discharge Idlewild, its I insurers, employees, officers, directors, and associates, from any and all claims, demands, damages, rights of action, or causes of action, present or future, whether the same be known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, resulting from or arising out of the use of said pool and facilities.
I EXPRESSLY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD IDLEWILD HARMLESS AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, RIGHTS OF ACTIN, OR CAUSES OF ACTION, OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, THAT MAY ARISE FROM INJURIES OR DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY ME OR MY CHILD/WARD OR MY GUESTS.
I agree to be solely responsible for the safety and well‐being of my child/ward and /or my guests and myself. I understand that although Idlewild may provide lifeguards, instruction, lessons, or assistance for the use of the pool facilities and equipment, I remain fully responsible for my own safety and that of my child/ward and guest(s). I agree to comply (and shall cause any Minor under my supervision to comply in addition to my guest(s)) with all rules imposed by Idlewild regarding the use of facilities and equipment. I agree to conduct myself in a controlled and reasonable manner at all time, and to refrain from using equipment in a manner inconsistent with its intended design and purposes.
I understand and acknowledge that the use of the pool and equipment involves risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death. I hereby certify that I know of no medical problems that would increase my/my child’s/my ward’s risk of illness or injury as a result of use of the Idlewild facilities and/or equipment. I understand and agree that the Idlewild is not responsible for property that is lost, stolen or damaged while in, on, or about the premises.
I have read the foregoing waiver and release of liability and have voluntarily executed this document with full knowledge of its content.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING SWIMMING RULES WITH YOUR FAMILY AND GUESTS.
1. Running, pushing, wrestling, abusive language, profanity, or causing undue disturbance is prohibited.
2. No throwing sand or stones, etc.
3. Diving permitted only where marked.
4. One person at a time on the diving board or slide.
5. Inflatable balls, rafts and inner tubes are allowed at the Lifeguard’s discretion. The Lifeguards have absolute authority to prohibit the use of such items as they may deem necessary for safety.
6.Other rules as deemed necessary for safety may be implemented by the Lifeguards.
Non-swimmers 12 and under must be accompanied to the pool by an adult.
7.Non-swimmers are restricted to shallow water out to the 1st rope.
8. When accompanied in the water, one-to-one by an adult swimmer (18 or older) a non-swimmer may go into the middle and deep sections. Swimmers all children (including guests) up to the age of 12 must pass a swimming test each summer to be allowed into the middle and deep-water areas.
9. A Life Guard will administer tests to determine swimmer proficiency.
The child cannot stop and rest at any point during the test. The child must jump or dive into the deep end of the pool, recover and swim the length of the pool to the first rope using the crawl stroke. Arms must be out of the water and rotary breathing must be demonstrated. The child can return to the deep water using any swimming stroke desired. Immediately after swimming the two lengths of the pool, without leaving the water and without touching the wall, tread water for four (4) minutes.
Idlewild Community Association (“ICA” doing business as Idlewild Pool and /or Idlewild Pool Club) Rules for Pool Safety and Enjoyment
It is the responsibility of each member to assist in the enforcement of the following rules.
Violations can result in revocation of pool privileges.
**** NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ****
1. Use of the pool is restricted to member families and their guests. Guests must register with a lifeguard upon arrival. (See attached Guest Policy). AII persons using “ICA” property do so at their own risk and share responsibility for oversight and safety.
2. The grounds and pool are to be used only when a Lifeguard is present. The pool is closed when there is no lifeguard present.
3. The Lifeguard(s) on duty is in charge of all persons regardless of age. Members should not countermand a directive from the lifeguard. Issues or disagreements with a Lifeguard’s directive should be taken up with a board member.
4. Parents are responsible at all times for their children.
5. NO pets, NO glass containers, NO smoking, NO food, NO drink (water only) in water or on beach.
6. Any injury must be reported to a Lifeguard.
7. Members’ children 12 and younger not allowed on pool property unless: An adult is present and responsible for them, OR They are at least 12 years old, have passed the Swimming Test (see following page), AND They have submitted the “ICA” “Parental Permission Form” to the Lifeguard AND They cooperate with Lifeguards and adults and exhibit appropriate conduct and judgment.
8. Babysitters must be at least 15 years old and competent to watch the number of children for which they are responsible.
9. Members may, at their own risk, leave beach chairs, sand toys & floaties overnight at the pool but only in the designated areas.
10. Please use trash and recycling bins.
11. For the safety of everyone, members and guests should not socialize with the Lifeguards when they are on duty.
12. SWIM DIAPERS are required for all children not toilet trained. Diapers must be bagged and placed in the appropriate trash receptacle.